Chances are that you are not a top-level tournament player. No matter if you are a champion or a beginner, or are just looking for the best ping pong table out there, sorting through the scads of tables out there can quickly become a mind numbing process.
Table tennis is a great game that provides fun and exercise so finding the right table for you is worth an investment of your time, and, luckily for you, we did some of the legwork for you, looking at much more than price points and dimensions, to help you choose the right and best ping pong table for your next match.
Things to Consider When Buying a Ping Pong Table
From dimensions to color to low price, think of these factors when making a comparison of different models.
- Who will use it: keep in mind that what works for beginners might not suit the needs of tournament players who require regulation size equipment
- Placement: what works for home recreational use may not be right for schools; also, think about if the table will be for outdoors use, or if it needs to be easily portable
- Location: Tables placed in public areas often get more use, so consider durable construction and materials, from table top thickness to legs and bracing
- Practice or Play: Some models have better playback configurations than others, so carefully look at the ease of switching between game and playback modes as well as the size of the gap between the horizontal and vertical pieces when in payback mode
- Portability: Make sure wheels are up to the job (bigger is better) and also have quality locking mechanisms so your game is not affected by a constantly shifting playing surface
- Cost: the best ping pong table for the money is the one that meets all of the needs listed previously
Other things, such as colors and legs with cool styling play a part in the purchasing decision, but make functionality a priority over looks. Finally, there are few good ping pong table models under 300 USD or less.